Tuesday, April 19, 2011

clear the coast

I really believe that people underestimate the effect they have on others. And I don't necessarily mean 'effect' in a negative way. For example, I'm a manager. In a retail store. Manager. Retail. Seriously. Retail sucks, but I'll get into that another day. People who work in retail know it's a temporary and quick way to get some cash money. No one cares about retail. No one thinks working in retail is that important. People are quitting without any notice or I have associates calling out with a 'cold' or associates that don't show up or whatever. Do you ever notice how the people that actually show up, don't call out, or whatever never get the appreciation they deserve? Well lately I've been making sure I let my associates know I appreciate them. I sound like such a goober when I talk to them, but I'm hoping they appreciate me appreciating them. or whatever.

So appreciation. I talked to the first boyfriend I ever had tonight. We haven't talked in about a year or so. We kept in touch because we were such good friends. No hard feelings. Only feelings of friendship love. His sister was my bff in high school. I don't know why we don't talk anymore, it kinda makes me sad. Anyway, so I talked to my old BF. I don't think anyone knows how much I appreciate him and his friendship. Like, he's the only person I still talk to from my high school days. He may be in the marines & married, but he hasn't changed like everyone else has. I think thats awesome. I tip my hat to you sir.

I'm not appreciating my dog right now though. She's hogging my bed.

1 comment:

  1. if you reach out, they reach back

    most of the time...

    ReplyDelete