Tuesday, March 29, 2011

fancy pens.

I wish I could travel for a living. I'm currently in Washington DC, staying with my mother in her hotel for work. It's a nice hotel, we come here every year at the same time. This is why I fell in love with DC.

Anyway back to travel... I think it would be so much fun to travel and explore new areas and people watch. I love to people watch. I'm in the lobby and a family walked by. A grandmother, father, 2 daughters. the grandmother is very old and feeble looking and she tried to get the 2 small girls to look at "magazines" (magazines being fliers for attractions around the area). The girls, about 5-ish, obviously did not want these "magazines" and the grandmother continued to hand them flier after flier. hilarious.

I'm allergic to something. Me? Allergic? impossible. at least I thought it was impossible. I've never had any issues! I would literally roll around poison ivy knowing I couldn't get it. My brother has all the allergies. I'm itching like a crack fiend and its no fun.

I love conferences. I mean who doesn't love gatherings of people? This conference is different though. These are actuaries. you know, those 401k / pension plan people. Yeah, those people. The most interesting of people. The kind that tend to be a bit socially awkward, trying to look their best, but completely failing. I went to the bar last night, alone. people watching. I saw little groups of people all getting to know each other. Fondling their name tags, conversing through their empty beer and wine glasses. Courage juice.

Conferences always mean mom brings home treasures. Lots of treasures. Little plastic treasures printed with logos of boring companies. Oh, and pens, lots of pens. Each one trying to look/feel/write better than the other. Companies compete with their pens. Its like a giant cock fight for people who really don't care.

Housekeeping is in my room now, thats why I'm in the lobby. I really need to change out of this skirt I'm wearing. uncomfortable. I need to step out of this blazer. I like dressing up. I only went to breakfast this morning and I made sure to fit in. blazer, skirt, professional attire. we have free breakfast. thank you mom for traveling so much.

1 comment: